Saturday 20 October 2007

Indira days running out..

It began with a decision to quit ISB&M over ideological issues...i joined Indira approximately an year back. The journey has had its ups and downs, bright and dull moments but it has been a journey to remember. College days are always worth savouring; I spent most of my time playing football with Arab students or sweating it out in the gym...or as Dheeraj ( my dear classmate) would have added 'Typing a complaint letter!' I can't forget entering the director's cabin for the first time and seeing Mr Bahl there...the man who had taken my interview at ISB&M. As they say....life takes a full 360 degrees turn! There were many firsts...the first class mates I met (Rohit and Natasha), the first study related conversation with Chetna etc. Chetna...has had quite a role to play from being my permanent group member in the second sem to providing me her notes before the exams...to telling me what others had to say about me.(her last input pertaining to the BAJM juniors turned out to be quite handy!)

Staying away from home has been sometimes boring but because I was in Pune, I had enormous opportunity to travel and Pune is quite strategically located. From Shivaji's forts to biking to Ajanta & Ellora with Rahul. That was quite a journey....Rahul on tuesday heard me say 'be ready on saturday, we're going out' and on saturday morning I tell him that we'll be riding 400 kms one way to Ajanta and Ellora caves! (cant forget the Burhanpur board!!)

As an institute, i don't think there are too many better institutes than Indira but I may dare say that doesn't apply to my classmates! There are several things which will go down memory lane...like Sushil Bahl, internships, late night table tennis...and the various treks. How can I not mention all the bunked lectures, the walkouts, the fights and arguments or winning the Mock UN with Manish..

Arjit's loss has been an irreplacable one..a wound that perhaps even time can't heal...On the brighter side, I've found younger siblings in Dheeraj and Nidhi who will surely continue to be a part of my life post Indira. Their love and support has been unfailing.. Milan paaji and his alternate day tactics also need a special mention.

But now that things are drawing to a close.... Indira has given me two rays of sunshine before the dusk sets in...TCS being the first one via which I can be a part of Pune and Indira for a long time to come and the second being one which will cement Indira's place in my life forever...any guesses??